How to File
The OIG Hotline:
The purpose of the OIG Hotline is to take reports of fraud, theft, waste, abuse and gross mismanagement of agency funds and operations. The OIG Hotline ensures that the allegations of wrongdoing are independently addressed. Call 410-545-6111.
If you prefer to FAX or mail the complaint, Click here to be directed to a complaint form that can be printed and sent to our office. If you choose this option, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader, available for free download from Adobe Systems Incorporated, to view and print the Portable Document File (PDF).
When completing the Complaint form, please remember:
There are several things to keep in mind when reporting fraud, waste, and abuse. Immediate reporting is necessary, while facts are still fresh in the mind of the complainant. All reports must answer the questions who, what, when, where, why and how.
- Who was involved? (Names, addresses, phone numbers, if available)
- What happen? (Summary of events, additional sources of evidence)
- When did it happen? (Date, time, frequency)
- Where did it happen? (Location, city, state)
- Why was it done? (Any known motives of committing such act)
- How did it happen? (What scheme or plot was used)