Thank you for your interest in the Summer Food Service program. Please review the following Program Description and the Program Requirements before proceeding:
Meal Description: Each meal meets 1/3 of the minimum daily nutrition requirements as devised by USDA. The meals are prepared by a food service management company and delivered daily to your site location.
Sites requesting breakfast must have adequate refrigeration. Breakfast is delivered with the prior day's lunch order and some components must be refrigerated overnight. The breakfast consists of cold cereal or bread/bread alternate, fruit juice, and milk. The lunch is a cold box lunch consisting of a sandwich, fruit, juice, and milk. Refrigeration is also required for perishable lunch components if the meal is not served within one hour of delivery.
Operating Dates: The Summer Food Service Program will operate for nine (9) weeks, Monday through Friday, beginning on June 17, 2013 and ending on August16 , 2013. No lunch service will be provided on Thursday, July 4, 2013.
- Site must be located in Baltimore City. A minimum of 10 eligible youth, 18 years old or younger, must be enrolled at each site. Youth workers, who are 18 years old and under, may be in the youth counted.
- PRIVATE HOMES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE MEALS.
- Sites requesting breakfast must have adequate refrigeration to store perishables overnight.
- Sites are subject to a pre-operational inspection and must be approved by our staff.
- Sites must plan to receive meals for a minimum of two (2) weeks or they will not be approved to participate.
- The site supervisor and at least one alternate must attend a mandatory 3-hour training session and agree to serve all meals in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
If you are interested in participating, please complete the application on the following pages. If you did not receive an application or need assistance or additional information, please contact Claudette Mitchener at 410-396-0773 or email to (Claudette.Mitchener@baltimorecity.gov) to request an application or for other information. We will reply to all correspondence in a timely manner.