Thank you for your interest in the Summer Food Service program. Please review the following Program Description and the Program Requirements before proceeding:
Meal Description: Each meal meets 1/3 of the minimum daily nutrition requirements as devised by USDA. The meals are prepared by a food service management company and delivered daily to your site location.
Sites requesting breakfast must have adequate refrigeration. Breakfast is delivered with the prior day's lunch order and some components must be refrigerated overnight. The breakfast consists of cold cereal or bread/bread alternate, fruit juice, and milk. The lunch is a cold box lunch consisting of a sandwich, fruit, juice, and milk. Refrigeration is also required for perishable lunch components if the meal is not served within one hour of delivery.
Operating Dates: The Summer Food Service Program will tentatively operate for eleven (11) weeks, Monday through Friday, beginning on June 19, 2017 and ending on September 1, 2017. These dates are subject to change, reflecting Baltimore City Schools’ calendars. These operating dates are pending the last day of school for students, as determined by Baltimore City Schools.
- Site must be located in Baltimore City.
- Sites must plan to receive meals for a minimum of two (2) weeks and serve a minimum of 10 eligible youth, ages 18 or younger. Youth workers, ages 18 years or younger, are considered eligible youth.
- PRIVATE HOMES AND PUBLIC SCHOOL BUILDINGS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE MEALS FROM THIS PROGRAM.
- Sites requesting breakfast must have adequate refrigeration to store perishables overnight.
- Sites are subject to a pre-operational inspection and must be approved by our staff.
- The site supervisor and at least one alternate must attend a mandatory 3-hour training session and agree to serve all meals in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
If you are interested in participating, please complete the application on the following pages. If you did not receive an application or need assistance or additional information, please contact please contact Ms. Alice Kennedy, 410-396-3474, firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application or for other information. We will reply to all correspondence in a timely manner.